The structures of numerous molecules space given and also the functional teams need to be identified. The groups responsible for the characteristic chemistry properties the a molecule are recognized as functional groups.
You are watching: Classify each structure according to its functional group
The several functional teams that a molecule have the right to possess are noted below:
• Alcohol: The alcohol team is represented as -OH.
• Amine: that is represented as −NH2 - \rmN\rmH_2−NH2 .
• Aldehyde and ketone: Both the groups have a carbonyl team (C=O)\left( \rmC = O \right)(C=O) . As soon as the carbonyl group is attached come one alkyl group, climate it is well-known as aldehyde and also when both the teams attached space alkyl groups, then it is well-known as ketone.
Where R, R’, R” room the various alkyl groups.
• Amide: it is stood for as −CONH2 - \rmCON\rmH_2−CONH2 . That is displayed below:
• Ether: as soon as an oxygen atom is fastened to 2 alkyl groups, climate it is recognized as ether group. The is stood for as R-O-R’, where R and also R’ are different alkyl groups.
The useful group existing in the molecule is ketone.
The useful group current in the molecule is ether.
The functional group current in the molecule is amide.
The functional group present in the molecule is amine.
Know the answer?
Add price to:Classify each framework according come its sensible class. A. Choose answer ether amide ketone amine alcoholB....Your Answer:
Post together a guest
What's your source?
Coins can be redeemed because that fabulousgifts.
See more: Which Artery Branches Into The Common Hepatic Artery, Splenic Artery, And Left Gastric Artery?
Post her Answer
Similar Homework assist Questions
Free Homework assist App
Download from Google Play
Scan her Homeworkto get Instant cost-free Answers
Need virtual Homework Help?
Ask a Question
Get Answers because that FreeMost concerns answered in ~ 3 hours.
Share her Knowledge
Post an Article