You are watching: Another user on this device uses this microsoft account
Previously, we have shared you the fix, if you can’t add Microsoft account to your home windows 10.
Consider a scenario, you added a Microsoft account come your windows 10. Yet later you uncovered that you should create new user account in bespeak to fix some issues. In this hiccup, the enlarge Microsoft account remain undamaged in the registry. Also though you’ve turned off the older user account manually, periodically it will certainly be still in registry. Therefore if you currently opt to switch newly created account to Microsoft account with same e-mail ID of vault one, you’ll see adhering to message:Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so friend can’t add it here.
Here’s how to solve this issue:
FIX: ‘Another User on This machine Uses This Microsoft Account’ In home windows 10FIX 1 – Via Security plan Snap-in
1. Press + R and put secpol.msc in Run dialog box. Click OK to open Security plan snap-in.
2. climate in Security policy snap-in window, navigate here:
Security settings > local Policies > security Options
3. In the ideal pane the Security Options, look because that policy setup named Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts. Twin click on the policy and collection it come This plan is disabled status. Click Apply complied with by OK.
Close Security policy snap-in. Watch if you have the right to switch to same Microsoft account now.FIX 2 – Via Registry
Registry Disclaimer: The further steps will involve registry manipulation. Making mistakes if manipulating registry could impact your system adversely. For this reason be careful while modifying registry entries and also create a System Restore point first.
1. Press + R and also put regedit in Run dialog box to open Registry Editor (if you’re not familiar with Registry Editor, then click here). Click OK.
2. In left pane the Registry Editor window, navigate to following registry key:
3. Under StoredIdentities it is registered key, look because that registry sub-key because that the exact Microsoft account you’re adding. Right click on it and select Delete. In the confirmation prompt appeared next, choose Yes.
Close Registry Editor and reboot. After restarting her machine, you must be able to switch to your Microsoft account now.
Also, check this video:
Hope this helps!
About kapil Arya
Kapil is presently a Microsoft MVP in home windows IT pro expertise. The is home windows Insider MVP together well, and author the "Windows team Policy Troubleshooting" book. In 2015, Microsoft India completed him as "Windows 10 Champion". Being passionate home windows blogger, the loves to assist others on fixing their system issues. You can follow him because that news/updates and also fixes because that Windows.Follow
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Your email deal with will not be published. Required areas are marked *
conserve my Name and Email in this browser, for the next time i comment.
rwandachamber.org is windows troubleshooting & how-to guides blog occurred to help out end users. This blog mainly concentrates on windows operating system and covers the fixes for generally faced issues, tips & tricks, step-by-step how-to guides.
See more: You May Need To Look It Up Word Whizzle, Word Whizzle Alien Level 1022 Answers
Read much more in about.
Popular Tags windows 10 windows 8.1 Troubleshooting travel guide Network Windows update Microsoft sheet Microsoft Office Apps document Explorer Recovery accounts Disk team PolicyTipsInstallationLoginOneDriveWindows Defender